According to the HSE, in 2019/20, there were 40 fatal injuries to workers in the UK, 81,000 workers suffering from work-related ill-health, and 61,000 non-fatal injuries. Image how many of these injuries could have been prevented.
Here are 8 tips for preventing accidents on construction sites
- Hold Regular Safety Meetings.
- Review The Work Space, Highlight Risk Areas
- Put a Safety Plan in Place
- Keep Night Work to a Minimum.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Wear High-Vis or Reflective Clothing
- Schedule Regular Breaks.
- Ensure There Are Clear Warning Signage.
- Introduce Warm-Up Exercises.
- Make Safety Part of Your Company Culture.